Friday, September 30, 2011

Let the Pink Parade Begin

This afternoon, I went to lunch with a few friends. We didn't even get in the door of Panera Bread before being greeted with a pink ribbon - via a sign that let us know all the proceeds from the day's purchases of pink food products would be donated to some sort of generic Breast Cancer organization. How much, what organization, where in the organization (for awareness, education or cure) were not even mentioned. So I asked the manager.

Of course he had no idea, he just regurgitated the few sentences that were probably on the memo he received from corporate last week. When I pressed him for specifics, he admitted he didn't know and directed me to the company's website which "should have all that information," he said.

And of course it did not. Not a word about it - not a pink ribbon or a mention that tomorrow - October 1 - even kicks off BC Awareness Month. So of course I hit the "Contact Us" tab and left a small book about the nature of my problem and why it just ain't cool to pink wash. Maybe they'll respond, maybe they won't. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: